Friday, September 07, 2007

As Our Friends Grief



This is how you can help,

the sadness is weighing heavily in the gut of the des moines cycling community, as the unreal tragedy of little price vandelune's sudden death Wednesday sinks in.
words fail, while emotions collide.
so many have asked what they can do to help,
and this is what we've come up with:
we are collecting money to give chad and dorothy to do with as they wish.
expenses will be large,
and financial pain is the last thing our friends need right now.

send checks, made out to "price vandelune memorial fund" to me at:
.
the orphanage
p.o. box 13133
des moines, iowa 50310
.
i'll try to get to my bank tomorrow and open an account,
which will facilitate direct transfers or whatever banks do.
please contact me directly at eeastonwest@aol.com with any questions,
or for more information.
. . . . .
i have no further info about services at this time,
but check wherever you found this note in the next day or so, i would imagine.
and again, thanks so much, on behalf of chad, dorothy, sidney, and price.

--the mostly reverend grandpa kim

Peace

3 comments:

the mostly reverend said...

thanks, brian.
there's a special place for all those who love and care.
we are lucky, those who have such friends who will share our grief as well as our joy.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful little boy. Our heart is breaking at the pain that Chad, Dorothy, and Sidney must be going through. There are no words when something like this happens. All of our thoughts and prayers are with you. We love you!

gwadzilla said...

squirrel

that is nothing short of tragic
Chad and Dorthy... I do not know them
but I know the love of my own children
as a father I feel their pain
peace be with the family
peace be with price

tonight I am going to go home and hug my children with all the strength I have

may the memory of price give me patience in moments where I can find no patience

life is too short

peace to price
peace to all who loved price

I am deeply saddened