Monday, May 01, 2006

Mushrooms, mushrooms, no riding:), :(

Planned on riding this whole weekend with Teri till the rain came in and well screw that shit. Plans changed to hunting morels all weekend in the rain with many, many other folks on the same page as I. Red Rocks on Sat., and Browns Woods on Sun., total catch 190, spent around 2 hrs yesterday afternoon half cooking them for freezing and tried a new way of preserving them to........ drying. They sure don't look as good when they are black and all shriveled up:) If its not raining tonight when I get off at the shop I'm going to put the fenders on and hit some urbanna trail. I'm starting to jones for the bike agian.


the secret is in the bag:)


this is how I perfer to hunt morels:)


a country bonified dehydrator


18.5 hrs. later and you have yourself some shriveled up morsals ready at any given moment.MMMM.

Time to go and slave at the daytime prision, wish me luck:) Oh crap I about forgot,Jim at Hiawatha Cyclery in Minniapolis, MN has a kick ass idea of what you can do with your $100 the government may give you if it passes, check him out.



Peace

No comments: