Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Little History...For You Youngn's


Hillside as of yesterday....

same shot as above but in 2002....be sure to clicky photos for large shot:) Thee sketchy planks started at the last big log and went a good 40+ ft down the trail. Some local kids built it and we had to tear it down....I think I may have been the only one to actualy ride it besides the kids that built it. Marc did you have anything too do with that?

Childs Play in Squirrels Nest in its 2nd phase after the first flood busted the whole log in half. Johnny Conlan, Andy and I building her back up. Now gone forever and just a memory.

Can you guess how Squirrels Nest became a trail way back in 2001:) As always "Do as I say, Not as I do"!

I also believe that next year Roller Coaster will be 10yrs old, although it could be this year. Chad Vanderlune and I we're the wild men that created her back 1999 or maybe 98'.

Peace

6 comments:

kc said...

right on brother...respect for those that have paved the way.

Justin said...

that is awesome, Des Moines own version of Klunkerz... thanks for the lesson Brian... you got more pics? anyone have more pics?

Andy said...

Best damn day I ever had doing trail work was building Child's Play and isn't that Raleigh in the second picture now a ski bike. Great memories man, and still my favorite trails I was actually craving them while I was riding in Sedona.

Rat House Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rat House Marc said...

I can remember being scared shitless riding that ladder bridge but I didn't help with it's construction.

Pete Basso said...

Dude, I miss Child's Play, that was one of the coolest stunts ever. I used to love going across it on the Turkey Day ride and look back as 50 more people dared to try it. Awesome memories.