Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Day Ride/ Turkey Day Hunt

A cold morning for the Turkey Day Ride.....23 degrees with a snow covered trail at 8am greeted 28 riders for this years throw down before gorging ourselves with all the toppings of a great Thank Giving dinner.

Basso was the first man down that I got too see.....many more of us went down after that:)

most of the group in the entrance to Denmans Woods

Turkey Ride photos

After stuffing myself at thee in laws I went out for a afternoon snow covered hunt. What a perfect setting for hunting...a lite snow was falling a light wind blowing and I didn't even have my bow off the ground before seeing my first two does. I let those 2 go by pulled my bow up was still setting up and here comes 4 more...holy shit I haven't even sat down and all the action is going on. After the last one went under my stand I grabbed my bow...drew it back and released at 30yrds......a very loud thwap.....and I hit her in the fucking shoulder blade a few inches too far forward:( She'll live and I won't be boning out a deer this morning....found my arrow...still smiling from ear too ear....what a great day:) Back out today after we set up our Xmas tree:)
two of the second group, these little boogers just wanted to play around directly under my stand
sniffing my foot prints
smiling ear too ear, even with a bad shot:)

my lucky tree...seen lots of deer sitting here....gonna get one some time:)

Peace

5 comments:

the mostly reverend said...

dude, i got a BIG buck last night--right in the left butt cheek.

this guy [on r-38, near the intersection with the polk city road] had as large a rack as i've seen all year, a good 12+ buck. i tried like hell to stop [he was standing in my lane, smack in the middle of it, with his ass closest to my car's front-end], but didn't want to slam the brakes for fear of hitting ice and ditching the car. i sort of kissed his ass. he looked back at me, annoyed, and slowly walked away, unharmed.
i gotta get a new turn signal assembly.
i won't be boning a deer today, either, and i'm pretty happy, too, all things considered.

Andy said...

Looks like the Turkey Ride was a hoot, sorry I missed it. Spent to day on skis out here, the snow finally cometh. Might be going to Ouachita, just need someone to bring my bike from Iowa.

Justin said...

that ride was the best ride I've had in a while... lot of people turned out, trail was almost perfect... thanks for motivating me to get out & ride in the weather Brian... so much fun... went & bought new booties to ride some more this winter...

Anonymous said...

damn that looks fun. trail was bare this a.m. nice moon, not too cold . . . yet. ha. happy riding my friend. let me know if you commute anytime and we can join forces to fight against reality.

Buckshot77 said...

Thanks for putting on a great ride! I had a blast on the trails. They were a little soupy on Sunday but still in pretty good shape.