Monday, November 19, 2007

Nothing Like A Bike Ride Too Keep Your Shit Together:)

Took the whole weekend off from hunting didn't even shoot.....touched bikes....hung with me ladies all weekend.....hot damn it felt goooood:) Saturday morning found meself and Johnny C meeting up at thee old fire pit for some coffee, scones, and spiritual medicine:) I hadn't been on a bike since Oct. 26th.....holy crap thats a long ass time for me to be obsessing on killing a fucking deer. No more obsessing.....that shit takes the FUN out of everything:) We rolled the dirt before I had to get back and ready for the Cranks Giving Race. A damn fine day for giving back to our community. Lots of mates showed up..... well over a hundred....lots of singles rolling around this year too:) My plan was to have a good time as I started to solicit those whom I thought may win....you see the winner got a $100 gift certificate from Yankee Doodle Dans Tattoo shop. There are a very select few of us fast guys that are into ink.....none of them were there racing so it was worth a shot. What I didn't think of was.... Sweet Jane kicking all the boy's and girl's asses:) Jane is a tough one too read when thinking will or will she not get the ink. I believe I begged enough to be first in line if she doesn't get some, we'll just have to see. I ended up with 3rd in the fixie's and 9th over all....not bad for an outta shape wanna be whom got a flat 6 blocks from the start:)

Sunday morning Teri and I threw down a lap at the Center as rain was in the forcast for thee afternoon.....purdy much vegged the rest of the day.
Turkey Day Ride in two days......ah the good times of hanging out with 70 like minded mates....with snow a possibilty for this years ride.....how cool!




I wonder if this douche bag will show up

CRANKSGIVING PHOTO'S



Justins
Bike Iowa's
Steve Fry's
mine

I'm sure there are many,many, more out there. Heading down home this afternoon....smoken turkeys today....58 of'm.....with some of the best damn old guys around:)

Drew...one of me Dads best buddies....like a uncle to me

Kenny Nailer the man...old school....my Grandpa Pottorffs best bud

Hunting tomorrow, so for those I don't get to see on Thanks Giving....Have a Wonderful One!

Peace

No comments: