Wednesday, February 14, 2007

O'le Sneaky Snake...Goes Dance'n...Wigglen And A Hissen...


This photo doesn't do the bike justice at all. I'd forgoten too take me camera to the shop, so the crappy lighting of the basement is what yer gett'n. Much smaller cockpit then the Monkey, which is great as I was going to get a shorter stem this year, but now the 90mm RaceFace fits the Badger perfect. Stand over height is purdy much the same when I get off the bike, although the Badger top tube reaches for the sky...something we little people must take in to account is that a 29r frame is a tough fit exspecially when my inseam is only around 31" from the ground to me cornhole:) Just as the Monkey some folks may be worried about the "toe" factor. If you look you'll see there isn't much gap from pedal to tire....but come on when your riding you shouldn't be worried about snagging yer toe while turning and if you are well I'd suggest paying attention or speeding the fuck up:) I've caught me toe on the Monkey but it was only when I was riding wheelies turning the front end back and forth trying to keep me shit together and even then it was just a scraping. All I have to do now is hit the entrance log in Denmans or something of similar hieght at speed, cause if she feels good there the rest is a piece of cake:) 22.5lbs as is....damn I could easily get that down too 21 lbs if I wanted too but fucking come on I'm a single speed'r not a fucking wieght weenie:) Damn I just can't stop looking at her:) I still can't figure out why someone would flat out not dig this frame, oh well thats what its like too be easy and greasy:)

Peace

8 comments:

cvo said...

dude, that looks super sweet. and tuff...

if your looking for any stickers for it, let me know, I'll bring them to Landahl in a month....



shit dude, shouldn't you be moving right now...

Anonymous said...

Is that rust showing up on the raw frame? I was flipping through some pics on I think http://fixedgeargallery.com/ and some dude blasted his frame, then let it form a nice rusting before doing stickers and clearcoating it. I don't know if that truly stops the rusting process but it looked pretty damned cool, much better than I would have thought. Anyway your bike looks hardcore. ;)

-pete

the mostly reverend said...

you are SO into authenticity! you even have that "rust" look goin' on the tires, too!

great looking bike, man.

the mostly reverend said...

brian--
i just came across this event; i hate to call it a race. perhaps you or your readers are familiar with it. i'm reading through some accounts, and it blows me away...

http://www.arrowheadultra.com/blogger/blogger.html

there's some crazy boys and girls up north!!

fxdwhl said...

Nice looking ride. But a derailer hanger? For old age right? Not using that for a while.

What kind of ebb did you get?

How do i get to my old stuff said...

Looks like an ass kicker and I'm keepin' my eye out for a detailed ride report.

Andy said...

oooh, ahhh

Unknown said...

3P0- no stickers just plain ol'e raw:)

Rev- Arrowhead....fuck that:)

Fxdwhl- some day I'll need gears again...well maybe...thats a Niner EBB

Syd- I'll need some trail time for the full monty:) As of now just riding the warehouse here at work she's gonna be just ass kicking fine:)