Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Doctor,Doctor, Gimme The News.......

2.5 hrs of snowy heaven:) Met Johnny C at the pool parking lot, then we headed to downtown so we could hook up with DongerNation. A soft snow/rain was falling, with all the white on the ground, grey in the sky, twas a perfect day to finailly get back on a bike......just what the doctor ordered:)


On the "Horse Shoe" pavetrail by Denmans......Donny's Quarter Rage Winter Series should be a......well...... damn hard race through the snowy trail:)

Opted for the tracks......didn't matter much.....was still "MORE" work then I wanted to exsert:) Road back to the clean street:)

DongerNation.....

Donger & Johnny C cruising pavetrail at Gray's Lake

......End result:)

Hello Mates!!:) Get out there and ride yer bike.....cause some day I'm gonna be kicking yer ass:)


Peace

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you running 2:1 on that monkey? If so, do you happen to know the average speed you roll when just comfortably spinning along?

Trying to decide upon my TI gear (though I'm on a 26" 1x1) of 2:1 or one tooth taller. Tough call with no gravel to test on, just pavement and many many many hills.

Thanks,
Thad in TN

Unknown said...

I'm running a 34x18 and this may be my TI gearing....that depends on how it feels during Pauls Kick In Da Junk 150 in march.

Peace

Unknown said...

I'm such a dumbass sometimes:) Average rolling speed without the hipityhops....is a comfortable 12.7mph on flats....

Peace

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. Not ever having ridden a 29'er or a 700 singlespeed, but watching my buddies pull away when similarly geared has me wondering about averages.
34x18 on my 26'er for 91 miles (30 of those on singletrack rest on pavement) left me with a 13 average, so 34x17 seemed like I could hold that with less effort. Though riding 34x17 now has me wondering about something a bit taller. Singlespeed, where we get to regret or praise our decisions over and over and over again. :-)
See you in April.
Thad

the mostly reverend said...

you f#cking geeks: such bike nerds. you'd think this was science lab, or math class, or some shit.

the mostly reverend said...

you made me forget what i REALLY wanted to say:
that izzy is SOOOOOOO damned cute!

Unknown said...

Oh boohoo....you probably took a cap nap and forgot....thanks mate:)

Peace

gwadzilla said...

cute kids

you done good