Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Froggy Morning To Ya

Damn...... what a great morning commute to make up for lost riding time last night. Went out last night to do some urbanna goodness on the Haro, ended up downtown where much fun is to be had. I was kicking it explorer style......ya know where you just aimlessly ride around places you haven't been. Ended up on the RR tracks headed east off of East 6th in the bottoms, saw some homeless mates gave'm a wave they gestured back.....funny our homeless are more courteous then the mother fuckers making it in this city....go figure. Anyway back to the tracks, I made it under the 14th street bridge before me rear tire started going flat. I didn't take anything with me to fix it so whip out the trusty cell phone and call for back-up, 20min. later help has arrived. I was out for 2hrs so that was going to be good enough.
The 29'r is ready for action....am I???? I'm like a little kid right now, I get to go ride me bike for as long as I can...no worries....nobody to push for but meself...just good ole' riding:)



Yup look at that seat post, hope'n it saves me from FatMarcs situation:)


Damn thats a big gear:) 34x23....damn what kind of puss am I??:)

9pm ride tonight in Denmans (Jacob and I)....I'm not sure if it will be rideable, we may have to hit the hillside...we'll see...meet at the entrance.

Freak Show Question: Is it wise to drink a recovery beverage of say Recoveryite during prolonged events??

Peace

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, sounds like a fun ride, funny what you said bout the homeless

B I D W E L L said...

Awesome AM for the commute! You are 100% right on w/ the homeless.

Frank Brigandi said...

Recovery beyerages, you can drink them but may have a belly cramp, because of the way it leaves your stomach, they are quick uptake fluids. y'know? eat protein during your event, trust me, minimize the serious eating for after ward, easily digestible to keep the fires stoked...

Frank Brigandi said...

sussy speatpost, great idea, I prefer the cheapo kind like on a $350.00 hybrid bike, just enough to take the edge off, that's it. also really lay on the chamoise cream. If you have issues with your saddle after 3 hours or more, it is only going to get worse. I use old cinelli unicanitor saddles, basically just plastoc that is flexible, they fit me nicely, don;t need any padding and offer a nice slick platform for me to sit and move around on. I also use Rite Brand A&D ointment as a chamoise cream, it is the best in my opinion, cheap too.....
oh that haro werks is a good bike, nice geometry. good to throw around.

Pete Basso said...

Squirrel: I've used Recoverite during a ride before and it didn't bother me at all, however, I wasn't riding for 24 hours either. Good luck this weekend and have fun. I think you should pre-ride the course and stash at least a case of Fat Tire in various places so you can set even more goals during the race, plus it could offer some aid in case of a breakdown.

Unknown said...

Basso your always thinking ahead... Man....have I told you how much I just love the shit out of you...lately:)

Peace and enjoy the Wedding....again:)

justin said...

Hey, do you have any good links for 29er parts? Your's is looking pretty sick. I just got a Redline Monocog I want to pimp out.

Justin | SF