Friday, July 28, 2006

Lance Kicks back a Cold One

Lance blessed some small town Iowa comunnities on this years Ragbrai, and promises to ride the full monty next year. I wouldn't mind running into the "Cycling Jesus" somewhere in a dark bar kicking a couple back, no autographs, no pictures...well maybe one, just talking to him like a normal mate..... but with a mob of 10 to 15 thousand running around......no thank you. Perhaps on the "Ride of Roses". Until then I'll just keep pushing me pedals:)


I like beer....it makes me a jolly good fellow....I like beer...


Damn its hot out here, why yes I'll have another.


......and another. Carb loading goooooddddd....


Riding this afternoon if yer interested....3pm meet at Rassy's place:)

Peace

2 comments:

cvo said...

I'd have to concour,

I'd love to be sittin at the bar, half crunked after a day or riding, and just chat with the lad,

about space travel, star wars, or commics or something,

not about bikes,

not about riding,

or doping.

just to see what the boys like
maybe do a shot, shoot some pool.

maybe challenge him to a chuggin contest.

sounds like you had a blast on the ride,

I've gotta do it, maybe next year, sure would hate to take a whole week off work just to do that, takes the trips away from things like hommie fall fest, or downhillin in colorado, or a bike tour somewhere...

but maybe,

gwadzilla said...

those wakefield races that I have been doing include a trip for beers and burgers

there are softball teams and karaoke singers

and for four nights there are mountainbikers

it adds to the evening

better than most any friday night

the racing and the hanging

can't do it every wednesday
but I can try to do it four wednesdays every summer